Preventative Care for your Dog or Cat...
Regular pet health and wellness exams are the key to keeping your pet healthy and greeting you at the door for years to come. Wellness examinations help us develop a complete picture of your pet's overall health and are useful for detecting potential problems before they become more difficult to treat. As part of an examination, the doctor will evaluate the following on your pet:
- Heart and lungs
- Test the vision and and ocular (eye) changes
- Examine the teeth and oral cavity
- Look for unusual lumps or swelling
- Test the joints and muscles for arthritis and evidence of unseen pain
- Inspect the skin and hair coat including ear canals
- Check the lymph nodes for enlargement or irregularities
- Assess his body mass index for weight concerns
- During the exam, we discuss your pet’s vaccination needs and ask questions about your pet’s behavior, eating habits and other information.